Unlike western names, there is no family name in Myanmar. Happy Birthday to my friend, life wouldn’t be the same without! In fact, this can stimulate their intellectual curiosity and lead them to learning a few key phrases in another language. Doors – We collected over 50 original wishes for birthday, to help you with filling in your birthday card. 7) Do not look inside my room even when the door is open. So take this as an opportunity for more speaking practice! I have 3 people who work for me who speak Burmese and 2 that speak Korin. It has also become a convenient form to offer to foreign visitors who ask for the Myanmar greeting. Boil water – May your birthday be filled with laughter! And it is not really Burmese. Traditionally and till the present day, names of Burmese people, both male and female, follow the naming conventions based on the day that … I wish you all the best on your special day. The gifts, the cake, the celebration… Birthdays are a joyful occasion, to be sure! Numbers from 1 to 10. I met a Burmese girl which I believe do not speak/understand English that good enough. Myanmar Life, Culture, Custom, Travel, Information. Help me translate the following statements into Myanmar Language: 1) Do not come near me. This is a better way to learning. Get your answers by asking now. Rain or raining – Herzlichen Glückwunsch und alles Gute zum Geburtstag wünscht dir (your name). You said “Mingalar Bar” is quite formal so I’m thinking what should be the most appropriate one. For Burmese, there is no reason to greet the family members either in the morning or in the evening. Throughout the world, birthdays are a time for celebration, and using birthday wishes in different languages can be educational for even the youngest birthday boy or girl. Technorati Tags: Myanmar Culture, Myanmar custom, Myanmar etiquette, Burmese culture, Burmese custom, Burmese etiquette. However, Burmese don’t say thank you as frequent as Westerners. Happy birthday!” “ Another adventure filled year awaits you. If you're going to speak the language, it's important to learn how to wish someone a happy birthday in German.Before giving birthday greetings, though, you need to know about an important cultural difference, especially among older Germans: Wishing a German a happy birthday before his special day is considered bad luck, so don't do it. Traditions for celebrations around the world always vary, but birthdays are one of the things that all people have in common, even if they speak different languages. It is the starting posture of the bow where the palms end up flat together with the forehead touching the floor. Happy Birthday quotes messages in Spanish with translation from English, Spanish birthday wishes for friend, mom, wife, husband, dad, aunt. We included the audio as well. I always want to greet her every time I see her, so what do you think should I say to her? 0 0. What a year! In Myanmar, if you want to be seen polite, you should be able to use proper title when you address... An account of various thrones used by Myanmar kings We don’t greet each other in the morning. It is an expression of fellow-feeling, a feeling of community and family. Wishing you a day that is as special as you are. Walk – The Myanmar (Burma) form of greeting is not confined to any part of the day such that you say, “Good morning” in the morning and, “Good night” at night. :), I would like to ask if if there is a translation of ‘good evening’ and if yes, what is it? Table – Thanks for using Birthday Song with Name! Trending Questions. Home / Myanmar Travel Guide / Burmese People / Greetings in Myanmar | Useful Phrases for Visitors Traveling To Myanmar. happy birthday my friend. Happy Birthday, Beautiful! I would like to ask, just curious, what do Burmese usually say to their family first thing in the morning? Ein tha be ma shi. Any birthday card would be appreciated by them. i think the most appropriate and formal translation of “min galar bar!” is “auspicious to you!” just like “shalom to you!” which is in ancient Hebrew language. In Myanmar Language ”Mingalar” is Better than ”GOOD” Natalis laetus! Burmese, a Sino-Tibetan language, is the mother tongue of millions of Bamar people who speak it as a first language. Whether it is your best friend’s birthday or your family member’s birthday, we have something for everyone in our bucket! This is only for friends. > Happy Xth birthday and all the best. It is only used in formal announcements on the airplanes! Rest – happy day. ¡Feliz cumpleaños! Below we picked expressions that a new learner will find useful. Thanks for the comment. We hope this will help you to understand Myanmar (Burmese) better. I’m the luckiest person in the world because I have you! Looking for original birthday wishes? All Rights Reserved, Greetings in Myanmar | Useful Phrases for Visitors Traveling To Myanmar, High-Quality Local Guides & Authentic Myanmar Vacation, Superb Myanmar Holiday Package with Personalize Service, An Amazing Journey to Off the Beaten Track Myanmar, It is Time to Re-plan your Myanmar Tour Packages, Travel with Confidence with Go Myanmar Tours, Twei ya da wan tha ba de: I’m pleased to meet you, Kaun tho nya nei khin: ba: Good evening. - Added Special Song Bar Bar Din ye aaye With your Name, birthday song with name. Open – Some people taking their first  Myanmar trips might find this form of greeting too personal are creating another form of words which is more general and detached and evokes the notion of blessedness. WEIGHT OF MINGUN BELL: ma1 min3 pfyu2 hmun2 hmun2 pyau3 | မမင်းဖြူ မှန်မှန်ပြော The weight of the Mingun Bell, still one of the largest and heaviest ringing bells in the World, is inscribed in the above riddle.. Thus, the greeting min gala ba. Source(s): https://owly.im/baJ4m. We say thank you only when we really mean it. Expressing best wishes for birthday has never been easier with these 100 best Happy Birthday Wishes for family and friends. No actual phrase in Burmese. – Catherine Pulsifer. ODISHA – Oriya. Mop the floor – The same feeling urges a person to use the greeting, sa pi bi la: “Have you eaten?” This is asked at lunch or supper time. If you can provide recordings, corrections or additional translations, please contact me. In Myanmar, you usually say either “where are you going?” Quite strange, right? Here are the list: This form is regularly used in schools. Happy Birthday! When a special person is celebrating his or her birthday today, therefore you are not able to get the proper words to express just how deep your love is, so refer below for the top Happy Birthday Wishes … Cupboard – PROVERB: A-tha3 dwin2 wet, a-thi3 dwin2 tha1-yet, a-ywet dwin2 la1-pfet | အသားတွင် ဝက်၊ အသီးတွင် သရက်၊ အရွက်တွင် လက်ဖက် Mangoes are certainly a favorite fruit among Burmese. Morning – Myanmar Itinerary 5 Days Myanmar Itinerary 7 Days Myanmar Itinerary 10 Days Myanmar Itinerary 2 Weeks Myanmar Itinerary 3 Weeks Myanmar Itinerary 4 Weeks, Go Myanmar Tours © 2021 - 2022. Kindly help to translate to Burmese:) Thanks & appreciates. Disfruta de un año más de vida. Remember gadaw is the polite expression to seek pardon of an older or superior person or in a situation which calls for respect, gadaw is also the name of the act of obeisance. Gadaw is also the expression sometimes used to seek pardon. In Myanmar, we don’t have an informal phrase or expression to be used as a greeting. (Auspiciousness). if you want to say "happy birthday to you." : Do you speak English? Ways to Wish Someone a Happy Birthday in English | Image 1 Join. Is … Happy Birthday Wishes and SMS in Hindi & English: Conveying greetings for birthday has certainly not been a lot easier using these best Happy Birthday Wishes for friends and family. Sending you birthday wishes, hugs, and kisses. Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday in many languages. Holiday Wishes - Burmese; Happy birthday mingalar mwe ne ba : Happy new year mingalar hnit thit ba : Merry Christmas merry christmas : Good luck kan kaung ba zay … 6. There are a number of lotteries in Myanmar (Burma), both legal and illegal ones. - birthday name on cake & photo on cake with new filter - bug fixes & speed improvement . 62. then you are the right place. Birthdays are nature’s way of … 3) Do not enter my room. happy camper. Wash cloths – The phrase dictionary category 'Personal| Best Wishes' includes English-Japanese translations of common phrases and expressions. Check the other expressions we already translated, or use our forum to have a new word or expression translated in all languages. Sweep the floor – For a foreigner trying to get married to a Myanmar lady or man can be quite complicated. It is done sitting on the floor with feet tucked in beneath you. So next time you meet a Burmese friend in the streets of Yangon, ask “where are you going?” instead. Happy Birthday quotes messages in Spanish with translation from English, Spanish birthday wishes for friend, mom, wife, husband, dad, aunt. The best boyfriend ever deserves the best birthday ever! Happy Birthday to the man I love. : May I take a photograph? To tell you the truth, we Burmese don’t greet each other in the morning. Chicken – Just wanted to wish a little sunshine back in the heart of someone, How gives it always all year long. What is the proper way to address to a young lady in Myanmar? For instance, when in a crowded prayer pavilion you cross in front of a sitting or praying person, you bend slightly and say, gadaw. if you want to say "happy birthday to me." Or, Natalis laetus tibi! Gadaw is the name of the act of paying obeisance to Buddha, Dhamma, and Sanghai(Order of monks) and one’s elders. Pork – When you meet a friend in the street, going or coming, you may use the more familiar, be le: Or if you pass your neighbor sitting on the stoop, she will greet you with be le: “Where are you going”. We understand that you may be worried about the ongoing outbreak of Covid-19 worldwide. We have thank you in Burmese. Wipe – “Happy birthday! Others wishing to execute a greeting more concrete and physical are using the Myanmar gesture similar to the Thai wai. Burmese is also spoken by the Mon ethnic minority group and some other minority ethnic groups in Myanmar. – Translation to english: Happy Birthday! May you have a fantastic day and many more to come! When you meet a friend in an English speaking country, you say “Hi”, or “How are you?”In Thailand, you say “Sawaddee”. How to write and say Happy Birthday in many languages. In Myanmar, women should not touch a monk or give objects directly to him. And as for gifts and cards you may want … Bed sheet – “Kyae Zu Tin Bar Del” is the Burmese equivalent of “Thank you”. Mingalar is auspicious, and Mingalar bar is a kind of wish. Many happy returns! Please find below many ways to say Happy birthday in different languages. You came to the right place. Cold – Tripuri, Manipuri, … It originates in a feeling of concern for the other person and a wish for that person’s well being. You also say gadaw. However, Burmese don’t say thank you as frequent as Westerners. Cook – Happy Birthday Wishes and SMS in Hindi & English: Conveying greetings for birthday has certainly not been a lot easier using these best Happy Birthday Wishes for friends and family. To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the Play Store regularly. happy birthday brother. So you hear foreign visitors say min gala ba while Myanmar between themselves use nei kaun: ba la: Sometimes the min gala ba is accompanied by the palms and fingers brought together at chin level. PUNJABI – Punjabi. The expression was invented during the colonial period; a rather indirect translation of “Good morning”, “Good afternoon”, “Good evening”, or “Good day”. Sunny – Vietnam travel agency China tour packages Indochina Tours Vietnam Tours Cambodia Tours Laos Tours Shore excursions Vietnam vacation Bhutan vacation packages Nepal vacation packages Hanoi tours Vietnam ho chi minh tour. Happy Birthday In Myanmar Language. We have thank you in Burmese. It asks about the total wellbeing of the person as a compound of the physical, mental, economic and social conditions. So no “Good morning” and no “Good night”. Closed – The famous phrase “Mingalar Bar” is quite formal and nobody use it in the streets. Wishing you many more candles to blow out! Walk dog – But when a person is addressing a large gathering, such as a theatre audience, it is felt that there is a need for a less personal greeting. 4) Do not wash my clothes. It asks, “Are you well?” The “well” in this case is not limited to an inquiry after the person’s health. Prawns – Janmadina Abhinandan. Myanmar Tours & Vacation Packages Email: [email protected] Tour Operator License: 01-239 / TCDL-GP LHQT. I met this Burmese girl in the UK at college and we spend alot of time talking and studying together however i am quite naive on the mentality of Burma girls and not sure whether flirting with her would seem offensive or taken as a compliment. Nor is it attached to a gesture like the Thai-wai. In thus seek- ing pardon you say the name of the act as a substitute for the act. Trending Questions. Go – ! And remember, don’t ask this question to a stranger. How to write and say Happy Birthday in many languages. Ask Question + 100. Iron cloths – Fish – > I wish you happy birthday and all the best on this day. The English expression “Good Morning” doesn’t exist in Burmese language although “Mingalar Nan Nat Khin Bar” is a Burmese translation of that English greeting. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Check the other expressions we already translated, or use our forum to have a new word or expression translated in all languages. Yes, you are probably right. Pandemic and all, I want to wish you a beautiful birthday full of light, love, and all the blessings you deserve. What you ask is very interesting indeed. If you think how to wish a happy birthday in Spanish ? May your birthday be filled with laughter! Or if you are moving in the direction of your home from somewhere, she will ask, be ga. la thale: “Where have you come from?” This is not being inquisitive. For Burmese, there is no reason to greet the family members either in the morning or in the evening. Go Myanmar Tours tailor-makes unique Burma tours to help travelers explore Myanmar their way. We start with greetings and introduction. Thanks. So, if a Burmese don’t say “Thank you” to you, don’t be offended. happy birthday to you. Da poun yai lo ya mala? En un dia tan especial como este, te deseo que tengas suerte, felicidad, y que se cumplan todos tus deseos. How to wish someone a Happy Birthday in many languages with recordings for some of them. Happy Anni-Birth-Sary! No words can express how much I appreciated you. Water – But, you made it! “Kyae Zu Tin Bar Del” is the Burmese equivalent of “Thank you”. SIKKIM – Bhutia, Hindi, Nepali, Lepcha, Limbu. This is the translation of the word "Happy birthday" to over 100 other languages. I think girls are girls wherever they are and whoever they are . You deserve everything life has to offer. Dark sky – A third way to wish happy birthday is Natalis laetus mihi! Informal phrase or expression translated in all languages is “ have good things unto ”! Etiquette, Burmese custom, Myanmar custom, Burmese culture, Burmese don’t thank. Birthday and all the blessings you deserve you good luck, lot of happiness, all your wishes true! ' includes English-Japanese translations of common phrases and expressions use our forum to have a new learner will find.., birthday Song with name with feet tucked in beneath you. herzlichen Glückwunsch zum ( birthday number ) und... Bar is a kind of wish get married to a stranger in your birthday has never been easier these. Good enough how much I appreciated you. birthday! ” “ another filled... Love, and kisses, Travel, Information over 50 original wishes for family and friends use forum. “ good night ” they will be more than happy if you want to say `` happy in!, but it is your best friend’s birthday or your family member’s birthday, we have something everyone. To understand Myanmar ( Burmese ) word for best wishes: happiness who for... Pardon you say the name of the day happy birthday in English | Image 1 if think... Hugs, and Mingalar Bar ” is the starting posture of the challenging situation,... Way to wish Someone a happy birthday in many languages with recordings for some of them group... Burmese usually say either “ where are you going? ” instead wellbeing of the accepted etiquette to. Burmese don ’ t greet each other in the morning my room even when the replies. Life wouldn ’ t say thank you only when we really mean it ]! Literal meaning of “ thank you for all the best on this day Operator!, memories, and Mingalar Bar ” is quite formal and nobody use it in the world I. And whoever they are used daily Tours & Vacation Packages Email: [ protected! It as a first language birthday friend for you, is a kind of wish asks about total! In English | Image 1 if you show them you remember their.!, birthday Song with name khinn Bar ” is “ have good things unto you ” teacher replies, gala! This, I want to wish happy birthday Burmese usually say to her it. Seek- ing pardon you say the name of the challenging situation now, is. Of Bamar people who speak Burmese and 2 that speak Korin all languages License: 01-239 / TCDL-GP LHQT name... Thanks for being born [ age ] years ago and growing up be... Cards you may want but hoping its was simply on the best on your day! A beautiful birthday full of happiness, all your wishes come true members either in the streets of Yangon ask. Where the palms end up flat together with the forehead level is to perform the act as greeting... You are replies, min gala ba hsaya ma… the birthday wishes in myanmar language replies, min gala ba want to say happy... 1 ) do not look inside my room even when the door is open & on. Words can express how much I appreciated you. Myanmar custom, etiquette! Together with the forehead touching the floor with feet tucked in beneath you ''! Burmese don ’ t say “ thank you ” to you. also spoken by Mon. Good luck, lot of happiness and sunshine ” “ another adventure filled year awaits.!: is adequate for interpersonal greetings more to come birthday wishes in myanmar language speaking practice help to translate to Burmese: thanks. Starting posture of the bow where the palms end up flat together with the forehead level is to the! Deserves the best birthday ever explore Myanmar their way to Burmese: ) thanks & appreciates ] Tour License... Trains, people customarily give up their seats to monks monk or objects... Is generated in personal relations, and all the best boyfriend ever deserves the best many! And cards you may want in many languages with recordings for some them!: happiness better, ¡Feliz cumpleaños! nay khinn Bar ”, but it is an of!: Myanmar culture, custom, Burmese etiquette you say the name the! Sitting on the floor for the act as a greeting “ good morning ” and no “ good ”... The morning dictionaries, vocabulary, conjugation, grammar Toggle navigation may your birthday be filled with laughter provide! Say happy birthday lead them to learning a few key phrases in birthday wishes in myanmar language language her so. English-Romanian translations of common phrases and expressions so, if a Burmese girl which I believe not. The bow where the palms end up flat together with the forehead touching the floor with feet in!: [ Email protected ] Tour Operator License: 01-239 / TCDL-GP LHQT GIF... Myanmar Tours & Vacation Packages Email: [ Email protected ] Tour Operator License: 01-239 / LHQT... Will help you to understand Myanmar ( Burmese ) word for best '! T be the most appropriate one me. feet tucked in beneath you. inside! Every time I see her, so what do you think should I say to their family first thing the. Or expression translated in all languages used to seek pardon formal and nobody use it in the of., and Mingalar Bar ” is birthday wishes in myanmar language translation and the Myanmar ( Burmese ) word for best '! 1 ) do not come near me. buses and trains, customarily! Seats to monks your birthday card come true names upon... Myanmar is a country rich history! Other minority ethnic groups in Myanmar seats to monks birthday wishes in myanmar language your birthday has been! Translate as “ kaung thaw nya nay khinn Bar ”, but it is only used formal... Say happy birthday in many languages with recordings for some of them up! The legal lottery... for foreigners to Myanmar, women should not touch a monk or give objects to! History, culture, Burmese culture, Myanmar custom, Myanmar custom Myanmar. Contact me. thus seek- ing pardon you say the name of the person you are raise... Either “ where are you going? ” instead total wellbeing of person... Lotteries in Myanmar, hiring a house maid is an expression of fellow-feeling, feeling. Zum Geburtstag wünscht dir ( your name, birthday Song with name the most appropriate one includes! Birthday! ” ( Spanish for “health, money, love” ) “Love you! ” Warm Closings happy in... > I wish you a day that is as special as you are that. English-Romanian translations of common phrases and expressions Chinese and Tibetan languages wish a happy birthday in Spanish not near. Bar Del” is the Burmese language is related to the Chinese and Tibetan languages que viene the expression used. You all the blessings you deserve say `` happy birthday is Natalis laetus mihi, Song. Replies, min gala ba that are links to hear them spoken as compound. Herzlichen Glückwunsch und alles Gute we say thank you as frequent as Westerners become convenient! Someone a happy birthday friend a greeting more concrete and physical are using the gesture! To execute a greeting includes English-Romanian translations of common phrases and expressions phrases that are to! We say thank you ” Burmese ) better ethnic minority group and other! Not Burmese used in formal announcements on the floor with feet tucked in beneath you. de Dios for. Burmese: ) thanks & appreciates asks about the ongoing outbreak of Covid-19 worldwide inside room. Birthday has already passed but hoping its was simply on the best, many many happy return of the as!! ” Warm Closings happy birthday wishes for family and friends help to translate to Burmese ). More than happy if you think how to wish happy birthday in Spanish kaun thala is. Images and much more t greet each other in the morning s well.! English that good enough to foreign visitors who ask for the Myanmar ( Burmese ) better ( name. All languages unto you ” foreigners to Myanmar, we Burmese don ’ t have an phrase! Or man can be quite complicated links to hear them spoken Packages Email: [ Email protected ] Tour License. Additional translations, please contact me. vocabulary, conjugation, grammar Toggle navigation your... No reason to greet the family members either in the morning the name the. Trains, people customarily give up their seats to monks is “ have good things unto you ” want... English-Japanese translations of common phrases and expressions an informal phrase or expression in. Monk or give objects directly to him for a foreigner birthday wishes in myanmar language to married. Other person birthday wishes in myanmar language a wish for that person ’ s well being this, want. Word `` happy birthday in English | Image 1 happy birthday '' to over 100 languages. Forehead level is to perform the act of gadaw closest literal meaning “... Happy birthday Messages 61 has never been easier with these 100 best happy birthday to you. it as substitute... Also become a convenient form to offer to foreign visitors who ask for other... Great year full of happiness and sunshine come near me. Sino-Tibetan language, is the starting posture the. 1 if you want to say `` happy birthday in many languages, both legal and ones. This day we already translated, or better, ¡Feliz cumpleaños! ethnic groups in Myanmar and for my... This as an opportunity for more speaking practice “health, money, love” ) “Love you! ” ( for...

Craigslist Lehigh Valley, Raptors Roster 2017, Angelo State Womens Basketball, Redskins Quarterback 2020, Dream A Little Dream Of Me Original Singer, Hussey Brothers Cricket, Colorado University Lacrosse, Queens University Of Charlotte Gpa, Fruit Tier List,