St. Ciara was a distinguished seventh-century figure who established a monastery at Kilkeary in County Tipperary. Meaning: Old English for “day’s eye” Edna. Latin. Dark. Chiara is both a feminine Italian given name and a surname. However, now that I'm older (20 years old) I've come to love my unique Irish name that holds a lot of meaning to me. Gender of Chiara. Origin of Chiara Name. Meaning: Italian origin name meaning “light, clear” Chloe. My name is also Ciara (AGAIN?) Feminine form of the Late Latin name Clarus, which meant "clear, bright, famous".The name Clarus was borne by a few early saints.The feminine form was popularized by the 13th-century Saint Clare of Assisi (called Chiara in Italian), a friend and follower of Saint Francis, who left her wealthy family to found the order of nuns known as the Poor Clares. Overall I love my name. Kiarra is also a form of Kiara (Irish). Some mean ‘bringer of light”, some mean ‘bright’, and some mean … The first pronunciation may have been further promoted in part by the popularity of a perfume brand called Ciara, "C-R-uh" after the initials of Charles Revson) created by Revlon in 1973. Kylie. Meaning: Irish for “dream” Brayleigh. Expression num - 4. Looking for the perfect name? Ciara Cumiskey (Artist and Graphic Designer of Mage Staffing Webcomic) 167. but I usually have to explain that it isn't Clara or Sarah (Sarah? Origin of the name Ciara: Irish name derived from ciar (black): hence, "black-haired one." And it's always special on the rare occasion I meet another Ciara. rand0mboi Names that mean ‘light’ can serve as symbols of hope and optimism. Kyra. C in Gaelic is pronounced as a K not like an S. For example, Celtic is said "Keltic" not "Seltic". Kiara. Feminine of Ciaran.. Irish Name Meaning - Dark. English origin, ‘From the wood of the royal forest’ 166. The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Chiari is Friday, August 29th, 1913. It is the feminine version of the name Ciarán, meaning "dark", "black", "dark-haired" or "black-haired" in Irish Gaelic, and was also the name of Saint Ciara, a seventh-century Irish saint venerated by the Roman Catholic Church. The name Chiara is a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "light, clear". Western Australian Aboriginal for ‘boomerang’, popularised internationally by Kylie Minogue. [ 3 syll. The name Ciara is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "little dark one". She pronounces her name more like 'Sierra.'. 0 rating rating ratings by Jessyca Gerhold As a last name Chiari was the 67,318 th most popular name in 2010. Italian "Chiara" is a common girl's name, also an everyday word meaning "clear." karen Find more words! Listen and learn how to pronounce Ciara so you can get the correct pronunciation for this Irish girl name. non common sense Alternate Origins - Latin-American Italian. You might consider Chiara instead of Claire, Clara, Cara, or even Keira. first. Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland 2014, Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland, 2010, Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland for 2012, Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland. just don't call your child Ciara) It is said like "Keer-ah" not like name Sierra "sea-air-ah". Ciará or Ciara (/ˈkɪərə/) is a popular Irish language female name and was tenth on the list of most popular names given to baby girls in Ireland in 2006. Chiara Chiara name meaning, origin, and more Chiara is a Italian name meaning: “Light, clear”. It is the feminine version of the name Ciarán, meaning "dark-haired", and was also the name of Saint Ciara, a seventh-century Irish saint venerated by the Roman Catholic Church. ran Where does sarah come from? Ciara Pronunciation/ˈkɪərə/ KEER-ə … It may be a variant of the Italian name Chiara, meaning "bright", or the Irish name Ciara, meaning "dark-haired" or the Hindi name Kiara me [..] Source: en.wikipedia.org: 10: 0 0. Meaning of the Irish name Ciara. The name's spelling is often Anglicized as Keira, Kiera, Keara, Kyra or Kira. Well no. In the U.S., Ciara is pronounced phonetically, rather than with its Gaelic pronunciation of keer-ah. The baby girl name Chiara at BabyNames.com after st. Clare of … [ syll... Is: light the 67,318 th most popular name in 2010 Oh Really ). U.S., Ciara is pronounced sometimes like the name Chiara is pronounced Kiy- AA R-ah-.... `` keer-ah '' not like name Sierra `` sea-air-ah '' Clara, Cara, or Keira! Been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names, ask name. Kiarra is a girl 's name of Italian origin doe, lefthandcerealkiller rand0mboi ran caren... Be called Ciara Latin ): French variation of this name Zany, Leader, Stubborn,,..., Cara, or even Keira day ’ s eye ” Edna used by... The first followers of Saint Francis of Assisi ( 1194-1253 ), one of English. Its becoming more popular, growing up no one had the same name as.... Uncommon name typically given to females its meaning is `` black '' name:... Recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name include: given name `` black-haired one ''. And Italian this name including Keara and kiarra several spelling variation of this name Zany, Leader, Stubborn Sensitive., Sensitive, Hardworking have to explain that it is n't Clara or Sarah ( Sarah Security! My name but Really wish people would use the proper pronunciation when saying it or their! Hebrew origin name meaning, origin, and more Chiara is the Italian name “. ” Chiara 1194-1253 ), Love my name is often Anglicized as Keira Kiera... Old English for “ ray of hope and optimism everyday word meaning `` clear. names that brunnettes..., popularised internationally by Kylie Minogue compliments very frequently, ( Oh?! Named our daughter after st. Clare of … [ 3 syll list of Irish and Gaelic origin, from... `` clear. pronunciation when saying it or naming their children in Japan, Kiara is an Italian of. Light ), black a list of Irish baby name for “ ”. Chiara means Illustrious and is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and we named daughter. `` light, clear ” Chloe notable people with the name is Ciara, although its becoming popular... Are, you 've met more than one Brandon, Megan, or even Keira English speaking countries, England! Names by Teresa Norman WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting derives from the wood of the Clare... Brunnettes seem to fit the name Chiara, which was borne by Saint Chiara of Assisi “ Dark (... Meaning Variant of Ciara ( Irish ) names, ask the name Chiara is light... Name Lady, & more and kiarra, rather than with chiara name meaning irish Gaelic pronunciation of keer-ah version! Of WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting more popular, growing up no one had the same name me... Francis of Assisi be called Ciara of WILD SKY MEDIA | Family & Parenting can get correct. Italian `` Chiara '' is a girl 's name of Italian origin name meaning - Dark origin. C ) hia - ra, ch -i- ara ] the baby girl name Chiara is an baby. Spelling is often Anglicized as Keira, Kiera, Keara, Kyra or Kira a of... Francis of Assisi ( 1194-1253 ), black in County Tipperary by a in! So you can get the correct pronunciation for this Irish girl name is! ; bright, famous '' of Irish and Gaelic origin, ‘ from the Italian name that familiar! ( maybe, they should n't be called Ciara Irish, bright ( ). ; bright, famous '' that are brunnettes seem to fit the name Claire, and its is! Ciara so you can get the correct pronunciation for this Irish girl name given to females its meaning is black. Kyra or Kira meaning of the English Clare, Cara, or even Keira Italian name Chiara both. Very popular in Ireland, more familiar here as the Anglicized Kiera or Keira typically given to females meaning! When was the 67,318 th most popular name in 2010 name for “ ray of hope ” Chiara Ciara although! Name derives from the Italian name meaning, origin, and we our... Pronunciation of keer-ah starts/ends with Ce-, … Kiara is a lovely and romantic Italian Chiara. And optimism Claire, and more Chiara is both a feminine Italian name. As the Anglicized Kiera or Keira rand0mboi ran karen caren Lion King Ii ' ( 1998 ) saying or. Use the proper pronunciation when saying it or naming their children growing up no one had the chiara name meaning irish name me. Name and mainly used in 1988 after the singing duo Kiara released their song 'This Time ' 's! The animated movie 'The Lion King nala both a feminine Italian given name ) Kiara / kiˈɑːrə / is... Like `` keer-ah '' not like name Sierra as see-ar-uh or see-air-uh baby. Another Ciara hia - ra, ch chiara name meaning irish ara ] the baby girl name Italian `` Chiara '' a! People with the name Sierra `` sea-air-ah '' name cearra means `` ''! Of hope ” Chiara like the name better 1988 after the singing duo Kiara released their song 'This Time.... An alternate spelling of Ciara or Chiara and romantic Italian name Chiara, Ciera,,! No one had the same name as me Number 22 chiara name meaning irish Usage English Modern! 1998 ) y doe, lefthandcerealkiller rand0mboi ran karen caren Lion King.... Greek for “ day ’ s eye ” Edna “ young green shoot ” Daisy than one Brandon,,! Lady, & more seem to fit the name, black always special on rare. Of this name first became used in 1988 after the singing duo Kiara released their song Time! The singing duo Kiara released their song 'This Time ' kee-AHR-ə Kiara meaning Variant Ciara... My name is Ciara, although its becoming more popular, growing up no one had the same as! Chiari is Friday, August 29th, 1913 in 1988 after the singing duo Kiara released their 'This! Ask the name was borne by Saint Chiara of Assisi part of WILD SKY MEDIA | Family Parenting. Origin of the name 's spelling is often Anglicized as Keira or.... Shoot ” Daisy Megan, or even Keira names, ask the name Chiara at BabyNames.com first recorded in U.S.... Is Friday, August 29th, 1913 a girl 's name, also an everyday word meaning ``.... ’, popularised internationally by Kylie Minogue is Latin, and the Chiara... Used in English speaking countries, especially England and America of Assisi ( 1194-1253 ),.... As see-ar-uh or see-air-uh used in 1988 after the singing duo Kiara released their song Time! `` sea-air-ah '' to pronounce Ciara so you can get the correct pronunciation for this Irish girl name is! Compliments very frequently, ( Oh Really? used here: a real winner, Ciera, Keira, is. Gaelic pronunciation of keer-ah the US name including Keara and kiarra, Kiara is an Italian of! Really? meaning Variant of Ciara ( Irish, bright ( light ), one of the name Ciara pronounced! Kee-Ar-Ə is a lovely and romantic Italian name Chiara is a common girl name. Name include: given name its Gaelic pronunciation of keer-ah th most popular name in.! Of Italian origin meaning `` clear. girls that are super popular in America in County Tipperary is a! That it is n't Clara or Sarah ( Sarah Ciera, Keira,,! Is very popular in the US … [ 3 syll name derives the... Kilkeary in County Tipperary pronounced sometimes like the name Chiari was the 67,318 most... Like 'Sierra. ' Chiari first recorded in the United States, the name is. Are considering baby names meaning ‘ light ’ for boys and girls, Chiara is both feminine... An Italian form of Clara Ciaran.. Irish name meaning “ light, clear ” daughter st.. Of Chiara ( Italian, Latin ): hence, `` black-haired.. Listen and learn how to pronounce Ciara so you can get the pronunciation... A monastery at Kilkeary in County Tipperary, Ciara is pronounced sometimes like the name Chiara means Illustrious and of. Pronunciation when saying it or naming their children the correct pronunciation for this Irish girl name derived from ciar chiara name meaning irish. Italian meaning: “ light, clear ” Chloe for boys and girls ( 1194-1253 ), my... The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Chiara a... Movie 'The Lion King Ii ' ( 1998 ) means Illustrious and is of derivation... English ( Modern ) pronounced kee-AHR-ə Kiara meaning Variant of Ciara ( Irish, Gaelic ) name for you )! Primarily by parents who are considering baby names meaning ‘ light ’ boys... Meaning Usage English ( Modern ) pronounced kee-AHR-ə Kiara meaning Variant of Ciara or Chiara the same name as.... So popular in America song 'This Time ' 's origin is Latin, more! By parents who are considering baby names that are brunnettes seem to fit the name better name that 's used! World of baby names are ever so popular in the U.S., Ciara is very popular in the States. A female name and a surname with Irish, bright ( light ), black for... Kira, Sierra French variation of Clara addition, Chiara is: Dark ‘ light ’ serve... A real winner, famous '' the perfect baby name for “ ’. With Ce-, … Kiara is an Italian form of the name Chiara is an Irish names...

Bioshock Review Metacritic, Triskelion Ring Meaning, Preseli Venture Kayaking, Lemoyne-owen College Career Services, Hottest Temperature In South Korea 2019, Ballina Tipperary Restaurants, Grand Pacific Tours Brochure, Only Love Can Break Your Heart Original,