An announcement said they expect gales and since I spent over 10 hours in the train before I boarded I was very tired, got me something to eat and went to the cabin. When standing at the bow alot of creaking and crashing can be heard. After arriving, the Mormon pioneers set up communities and ferry crossings along the trail to assist later wagon trains going to and from Utah. Powered by Invision Community, Worst I've experienced was a high 8 in Bretagne, ride was a bit lively but she's a good seakeeper and no problems - still went to Les Abers. I remember expecting to suddenly feel sick at any moment but, to my surprise and despite seeing everyone around me rushing to the toilets, i was fine. Irish Ferries has cancelled all further sailings to and from Dublin and Holyhead today (Friday 7 December) on the foot of a Status Orange gale warning for Irish coastal waters and the Irish Sea.. :thumbsdow. Gale force are fairly average in some ares. The worst gales i have seen to date were not on board a Brittany Ferries vessel but on the Color Viking (now the Jupiter) en route from Stavanger to Newcastle, back in October '97. Near Gale: Sea heaps up, waves 13-19 ft, white foam streaks off breakers: Whole trees moving, resistance felt walking against wind: 8: 34-40: Gale: Moderately high (18-25 ft) waves of greater length, edges of crests begin to break into spindrift, foam blown in streaks: Twigs breaking off trees, generally impedes progress: 9: 41-47: Strong Gale My worst was October/November 1992, Roscoff-Plymouth on Quib. It's your stomach that will object (or not) Nelson was often Sea sick, it just gets at you sometimes. I found PA extremely stable but not I have to say as rock steady as MSM. m.v. Are you alarmed by the sharp increase in the frequency of attacks on foreigners in Australia, by fearsome drop bears? Thankfully the crossing was quiet, but most people stayed firmly glued in their seats or cabin as the spray from the waves flew past Deck 8. If you ask at the information desk on board as soon as you get on board they usually kick in about 30 minutes into the crossing. If you see lots of people re-living their last meal in front of you, inevitably you will feel sick as well. 5 years ago. I must say I've never had a problem on a proper ship, and I do recall some lumpy crossings on the Irish Sea over the years, the most recent being a rather stormy February 2000 crossing from Dublin to Holyhead on the Isle of Inishmore ... but I was ok. Fast craft are another matter, however. Canna is a naturally sheltered landing, but a strong SW gale could cause the ferry to be cancelled, I guess. Both the outbound crossing and esp. The ferry operator said that its team had managed to keep services running throughout the night and Tuesday morning despite the stormy weather. In any case, many of the ships don't seem to have this facility any more. If you are worried, however, then firstly, you should get a good meal inside you as this will help settle your stomach. My last bout of mal de mer (and it was only a little bit, your honour) was on the Normandie Express maiden two months ago when the sea wasn't actually rough but there was a very odd motion to the Incat, the crew were going round with their little white bags behaving like drug pushers, there were people up the front who refused move to the back and a ruddy rowdy school group (plus the VIPs quaffing champagne, lol) so sea sickness spread like wild fire and I succumbed. The company says both sailings could be postponed or cancelled and a final decision will be made by 7am tomorrow. Irish Ferries have now instructed their booking clerks not to take any further bookings for crossings … I think my roughest has got to be on the PA last May to Santander and back. If anyone would like a more detailed explaination of the above please let me know. Are there any countries where anyone over 18 for any reason, mentally unstable and completely healthy, can have euthanasia. If you really want to experience strange motion though try the PS Waverley in heavy weather! Bridge or tunnel ‘viable’ replacement for ferry crossing. A Met Office spokesman said winds could reach severe gale force nine, around 60 mph (97 km/h), this afternoon. Watch out for the tell tale wet patches on the carpet ! To me the old MV Shanklin used to seem to roll with a slow continous motion all the time when under way, while the other two similar IOW boats did not exhibit this phenomenon. Also, has anyone else ever noticed that when it is clearly going to be a rough crossing, they often seem to forget to do a weather forecast? Hmm, yes one or two! Delayed ferry sailings are possible from the Port of Dover tonight and into the morning because of gale force winds. Gozo Channel has suspended all ferry services between Malta and Gozo until further notice as gale-force winds batter the Maltese Islands. The last time I was ill on a ship was in February 2004 on a SeaFrance Renoir crossing to Dover in a gale. nburns2004, May 13, 2005 in The Discussion Board. More from this section Shanklin did not have gearboxes and had to stop and restart the engines to go astern. It is when it gets to storm force (10) you need to worry your stomach might start feeling as if you should be somewhere else. Strong gusts meant the Irish Ferries high speed crossings from Holyhead to … Specifications and equivalent speeds I always hope for good weather, but have never experienced a gale on BF. that time and I dare to say here, on some other ships I wouldn´t have stayed asleep like that - on some ferries they get alot of "slamming" which makes alot of noise & wake everyone up but the Mont St. Michel seemed to cope very well and the movement, although there was alot of, was smooth. Still have questions? If holding BC Ferry reservations on the Vancouver or Victoria sailings please call 1-888-223-3779 to secure the most updated information. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. That is she why Brading and Southsea, although 3 years older were favoured for the ferry crossings and Shanklin for the excursions. Save. Did this on Condor Express two years ago, while everyone was throwing up inside (Moderate to Rather Rough was how the board put it) . It's as good as many fairground rides. I've too noticed that the quieter the crossing, in passenger numbers, the less illness you seem to see. *, the old MV Shanklin used to seem to roll with a slow continous motion all the time when under way. I was awake for around 5 min. Mind you we are all good sailors. Crossed at the end of 2004 from Caen to Portsmouth, the signs before boarding described the weather as: Once onboard Normandie it was announced access to the exterior decks was prohibited by order of the Captain. It's safe, but be prepared to get seasick. In fact myself and my sister both quite enjoyed the experience and were left for most of the trip on our own as mum and dad were confined to the cabin! Do you use the safety deposit boxes at hotels when on tropical vacations? The cleaners on board are very good at going around and clearing up piles of sick left on the floor by idiotic passengers that can't use a sick bag (of which there are always plenty available). But during the trip, the deck on the opposite side had somehow filled up people being sick. The ferry left Holyhead at around 11am, but was left struggling to dock at Dublin Port due to the winds. Mind you, crossing the Irish Sea in a gale in a seacat makes you feel like your in the war, with people using all the toilets, water on the floor, everyone seemingly asleep/dying everywhere, and yourself, eating a nice sandwitch and wanting to use the toilet for its real purpose, and having to hold on because the people in the cubicles won't leave! 7 is only really choppy for a good sized Ferry, they won't sail if it is dangerous. Re: Chances of a rough ferry crossing from Holyhead to dublin . Without a doubt, the best and roughest crossing I've ever had. The forecast calls for wind speeds of up to 44 mph and waves of up to 18 feet. However, as i discovered last year, you do not necessarily need strong gales to create a very rough crossing, especially in the Bay of Biscay. This trip saw the people i was sitting with in the restaurant (and several others) crash to the floor along with their table and all of their food/wine, as well as someone get knocked unconscious in the bar and have to be stretchered away. There is still disruption to sailings to Calais by P&O Ferries and SeaFrance, to Dunkirk by Norfolkline, and to Boulogne by SpeedFerries. Thanet was the worst affected area of the county and suffered huge power outages as a result of the gale force winds.. Thousands of residents were without power this morning alongside businesses including Dreamland. I say this because a few years ago we saw sea sickness spread like mass hysteria through the Pompey Express - in reasonable conditions - simply I reckon because a rather downcast and worried looking crew member went round topping up the 'mal de mer' bag racks (and putting piles of bags on the seats) as we set off. A ferry on its way to Naxos Port battled strong waves on Sunday, as gale force winds of up to 8 Beaufort swept the Aegean Sea. I estimated 5m wave height, which was hitting Pont beam on. Ferry crossings from the Port of Dover were suspended earlier in the day due to "very rough" gale force conditions at sea. ... having once been on a ferry crossing … Thanks for the replies all, we're sailing BF from Poole to Cherbourg (23.45 crossing) - I guess seasickness is a small price to pay for getting safely across but I'm so not looking forward to it if the travel pills aren't going to cope with the force 9 (having experienced sea sickness for the first time last year) - at least we've got a cabin so all vehicles should be safe! Gale force are fairly average in some ares. Strong southeast winds could reach gale force by Saturday evening. What is it like, is it uncomfortable and were the staff helpful if you felt ill? However, revisiting the same craft yesterday evening with Phil K, Jim and Davis we all sat at the back, there were no school groups, no obvious signs of those bags and despite the definite presence of the "Incat twist" we all felt fine and had a pleasant crossing to Portsmouth. Migrants have been reporting being summarily pushed back across the border into Turkey. What do you think of the answers? The Steam Packet Company says tonight’s sailings have been called off in the face of extreme weather. Re: Chances of a rough ferry crossing from Holyhead to dublin . Severe gales forecast at force 8 to 9 were expected at Holyhead promising an "uncomfortable crossing" for passengers, they said. remember - if it is too unsafe to travel the ferry company won't make the voyage, so you shouldnt have to worry. We have found, though, that manifestations of sea sickness in others can bear little relationship to the actual conditions, just as motion can bear little direct relationship to wind speed alone. Report inappropriate content . STORMY seas in the Minch could spark ferry cancellations on the Ullapool-Stornoway crossing later today and overnight. Incidentely, I like to use this website to check the swell: I don't know about that but I do know that each ship is different. You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer. So please don't be paranoid, put previous bad experiences behind you and concentrate on how you are feeling rather than how you expect to feel! Be positive and you won't have a problem. If you should be in Hong Kong you can't miss the Golden Bauhinia Square outside the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on the Wan Chai waterfront scars the unification of Hong Kong with the motherland. I must say that the Olaus are not good sea keepers. * Incidentally - and this is perfectly true - the only time I have felt really very ill with motion sickness was on a non-stop Metropolitan Line train from Baker Street to Wembley Park! A few people braved eating in the self service, although watching them try and carry a tray was somewhat amusing. I would not be surprised if the changed weight distribution on what was essentially the same hull accounted for the different motion as Shanklin probably had a higher centre of gravity. I would regard the round trip to Santander in April last year on the Pont-Aven as my roughest overall crossing. I would regard the round trip to Santander in April last year on the Pont-Aven as my roughest overall crossing. It was blowing a force 8 and this provided my first taste of rough seas. However, as i discovered last year, you do not necessarily need strong gales to create a very rough crossing, especially in the Bay of Biscay. Commenting earlier, it … In Hong Kong you'll consume some of the finest food you have ever tasted, you will be surprised by the stunning harbor and you'll sense empowered by a variety of the downtown, the rural and the maritime. POLH slams a lot. With sea conditions at force 8, the car ferry began to be buffeted back and forth by the very strong waives and gale-force winds. © bfenthusiasts 2020 Does the motion change depending on the size of the ship? The best thing of all is that, in rough weather, the restaurant will be very quiet which means unrestricted access to the buffet and the food platters not looking like they've been hit by a plague of locusts. The PA has a very strange movement though. The return crossing - in worse conditions - where this topping up didn't happen seemed to have many less sufferers. As you said, eating in the Restaurant was great fun too First time I've ever eaten dinner with just a fork as my other hand was holding onto the wine bottle! It was great fun though, and Phil survived!! the return were rough, force 8 or more i think. the return were rough, force 8 or more i think. it should be fine. Gale warnings are issued as required throughout the day (for winds of Gale Force 8 or more). How likely are we to run into weather that would cancel a scheduled ferry crossing and/or delay us, when crossing by ferry between Wales and Ireland? Went through a storm on the Quiberon when I was 3. 9. Storm Brendan: Gale-force winds leaves ferry passengers stranded in Irish Sea. If the ship is bigger would there be less movement in a large swell than in a smaller vessel? Has anyone ever been on Brittany Ferries during a really bad Gale, I have only sailed across the channel on calm weather as I am always paranoid about going across during bad weather as I get seasick. Cabot Strait crossings will be limited over the next few days,due to gale-force winds The cancellations mean, despite the best of plans, and early reservations on the ferry… If it wasnt safe ,why would the authorities allow the ferry to leave or is it a case of buisness first? Cant remember much of it, only the mess she was in. Gale-force winds and rough seas hampered sea crossings Wednesday. Heard people talking about the gales but that´s been all. Weather expert Dr Eddy Graham said today: “There's a bit of a (brief) weather 'shock' on the way this evening and tonight (Wed) as northerly winds blast in, with a gale force 8 likely down the Minch. 8 or 9 . The Ben my Chree's 8.45am sailing from Douglas to Heysham and her 2.15pm return trip are both under threat. All I remember is that it was moving quite and cabin made some creaking noises, but after that I fell asleep again until they had the wake-up music. I thought there was another member on-board too..! BF didn't really do anything special in honesty, but there wasn't any real need I don't think... aside of course from the well scripted comment at the end... ...'weee 'ope ze weazer weel bee a leetle kinder'. The Loch Nevis should be OK in up to force 8, but it very much depends on the wind direction and the state of the tides. Moving around too much in rough seas can make me feel dizzy, but not sick, and I prefer to remain in my cabin during such times, just to avoid the puking masses who don't have the good sense to remain in their cabins. Re: Crossing with Brittany Ferries during a gale! This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Anyway, i suggest you don't eat anything greasy before sailing, it doesn't go down well, made me nearly get sick. I think a lot of that is to do with the shape of her hull.. Rather than deflecting the water straight out, it seems to direct it up the sides of the hull then outwards... Moving around a ferry during very rough weather can be really challenging - especially going up and down stairs. Ferries Services Resume Thursday, December 20, 2018 Poor Weather causes BC & Washington Ferry Cancellations After a day of gale force winds and stormy seas, most BC & Washington ferry services have resumed. It's a hypothesis only so far - but you're right. If you think you will be ill then you almost certainly will be, if you believe you'll be fine then it's even possible to enjoy a rough crossing. but i have come across on the hi speed in a force 8 gale, and it actually wasnt bad. Crossing with Brittany Ferries during a gale. In our Commodore Cabin all the stuff on the desk was moving with the Ship, and the TV was swinging on it's mount. I went from Guernsey to Jersey and back in a force 8 gale on a similar vessel to the Jonathan Swift. 2 years ago on the Mont St. Michel. Eating in the restaurant when you first get on board before the ship reaches open sea is a good idea. By mid-afternoon, Northumberland Ferries had cancelled its 6:30 and 9:30 a.m. crossings from Wood Islands and the 8 and 11:15 a.m. from Caribou, N.S., for Friday. From 1856-60, many European converts walked more than 1,200 miles to Salt Lake City pulling handcarts loaded with 500 pounds of supplies. Contacting passengers. The winds were gale force (which we were warned about). And dramatic footage shows the scale of destruction caused by the trucks overturning in the gale-force gusts. Re: Crossing with Brittany Ferries during a gale! Beaufort wind force scale The Beaufort scale, which is used in Met Office marine forecasts, is an empirical measure for describing wind intensity based on observed sea conditions. Worst I've experienced was a high 8 in Bretagne, ride was a bit lively but she's a good seakeeper and no problems - still went to Les Abers. I was fine until other passengers started throwing up on the carpets (why they couldn't at least even attempt to get to the toilets, I don't know. (*We have never crossed the Irish Sea, however, we we understand can be very lively). I hope they are right, esepecially as my trip on the Dana Sirena approaches next Wednesday! 13 Six lorries tipped over on the deck of a P&O ferry … Moving around a ferry during very rough weather can be really challenging - especially going up and down stairs. Politics. The crossing took twice as long and I had an absolute skinful of alcohol. In all my trips to Sea, the worse conditions I have been in were on Pont going from St Malo to Portsmouth in January. A number of Irish sea ferry crossings have been cancelled today following warnings of severe gale force weather. I used to be prone to travel sickness, but it's a case of mind over matter and nothing bothers me now, apart from travelling in the back seats of cars and on buses. All passengers are advised to contact the ferry operators. Why do people spend hours traveling to the beach, only to lay in the sun? “Brief snow flurries are possible right down to low levels too. It's only a theory but I put it forward for consideration. I too agree that seasickness is all in the mind. The swell was huge - Commandant Hardouin had the port search light on so that he could see the huge waves approaching. I think that lends credence to your theory, Millsy. Map shows power outages across Thanet (Image: UK Power Networks). Also, Shanklin carried her two lifeboats on gravity davits whilst the other two had them on chocks on deck. Gale force 8 winds could lead to ferry delays at Port of Dover SUBSCRIBE AND SAVE Size is related to how a Ship moves in the water, but not directly, other factors to do with the size, construction and physical 'makeup' of the Ship are what really determine how she will react to weather. I think that lends credence to your theory, Millsy. *, (*Holding on for 2 hours in a force 6/7 in a seacat is NOT entertainment). Watch out for the tell tale wet patches on the carpet ! Actually no...the motion was quite unique and unlike anything I've come across since. The cleaners on board are very good at going around and clearing up piles of sick left on the floor by idiotic passengers that can't use a sick bag (of which there are always plenty available). I think we were debating our 'roughest crossings' in another thread some time ago; Its certainly the favourite subject of many enthusiasts it seems. Lazy and ignorant, I guess) and that made me feel ill then - the combination of having had far too much to drink, the sight, sound and smell of people being ill in close proximity and, I admit, the motion of the ship on top of that. If you are on one of the ships that has an on board medical facility then sea sickness pills are available but, by then, it's probably too late. ... Storm Ciara: Severe gale-force winds set to pummel Scotland. Is it a good idea to travel 6 states away right now to meet a new niece? I think my roughest has got to be on the PA last May to Santander and back. Those passengers who were still around told me that if you could stand this, then you'd probably be ok in just about anything. UK Power Networks worked to restore power to these affected areas as quickly as possible and had the … Both the outbound crossing and esp. Also, in Hong Kong you can see the Symphony of Lights, you will surely get impress by this great little bit of art. Ferguson Marine shipyard taken into public ownership. 8 months ago. We're in a similar position - booked to sail to Islay on 9 Feb, and watching the weather very carefully! When standing at the bow alot of creaking and crashing can be heard. the op was referring to the snailboat! 8. The PA has a very strange movement though. Then make sure you have a cabin as the effects of the ship rolling will seem much less if you are lying down, and after a meal in the main restaurant you'll probably sleep well ! When on a vom com, I like to spend most of a crossing on the outside deck watching the waves. I would agree with that, definitely. Winds of up to severe gale force are expected to sweep the Island overnight. Mind you we are all good sailors. CalMac has urged passengers to keep tabs on its website's service updates page for the latest information. It's as good as many fairground rides. Various yellow weather warnings for wind, rain and snow have been put in place from Saturday until Tuesday. My first girl friend was on a ferry from one of the Greek islands in a storm, there was her and only one other in bar, (centre of the boat) and as she said at the time, the Scotch was much more soothing to the Stomach than beer. We also saw the QE2 on port side as we were eating - she too was going up and down like a yoyo. Lake Michigan Carferry has canceled its SS Badger crossing for Saturday, Oct. 7. Once we got to Channel Islands, there was big motion pretty much all the way to the Isle of Wight. Hong Kong's mixture of feng shui and finance, trams and temples however fascinate the tourist therefore let your self move and ensure it is possible with Hotelbye com . The skillful captain stabilised the ferry, which was violently swaying from left to right for around 15 minutes, with many looking on in despair as the ship seemed as though it was about to tip over. Heavy rain and gale force winds hit parts of the UK Heavy rain and gale force winds are expected to cause delays to road, rail and ferry passenger, with … My opinion is that seasickness is all in the mind. The best thing of all is that, in rough weather, the restaurant will be very quiet which means unrestricted access to the buffet and the food platters not looking like they've been hit by a plague of locusts. I must say that was incredible smooth as it skimmed across the sea. 8 or 9. However, revisiting the same craft yesterday evening with Phil K, Jim and Davis we all sat at the back, there were no school groups, no obvious signs of those bags and despite the definite presence of the "Incat twist" we all felt fine and had a pleasant crossing to Portsmouth. Shipping forecast and gale warnings map Close dialog In the UK, the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) is responsible for the provision of Maritime Safety Information (MSI) to ships at sea, which includes the broadcast of warnings and forecasts. It is when it gets to storm force (10) you need to worry your stomach might start feeling as if you should be somewhere else. Ponty handled it amirably I think though. Gale force winds in north Wales have forced high speed ferry sailings to the Republic of Ireland to be cancelled. Traffic to-and-from the city has been significantly disrupted after gale-force winds toppled two trucks on Friday, causing damage to the structure of the Harbour Bridge. I went across the Channel in a Hovercraft many years ago in wind force 7 ( I think that is what it was any way the highest that it would Sail (Fly) it was bumpy but a couple of Gins soon saw it off. Drink lots of water but avoid coffee. Both me and Andy were on-board for that round-trip. By Get answers by asking now. But it won't last long, a few hours - then just back to normal rain.” The Greek government has called the situation a direct threat to national security and imposed emergency measures to carry out swift deportations and freeze asylum applications for one month. Now to meet a new niece them try and carry a tray was somewhat amusing carry a was... On BF huge waves approaching but have never crossed the Irish sea ferry crossings have been in. Say that was incredible smooth as it skimmed across the border into Turkey s have! Brief snow flurries are possible right down to low levels too on chocks on deck reach gale! Day ( for winds of up to 44 mph and waves of up to gale... On-Board for that round-trip pulling handcarts loaded with 500 pounds of supplies watch out for the tell tale patches... In heavy weather - booked to sail to Islay on 9 Feb, and Phil survived! stormy weather into. A problem despite the stormy weather been reporting being summarily pushed back across the border into Turkey to roll a. Had managed to keep tabs on its website 's service updates page for the excursions for any reason, unstable... Me and Andy were on-board for that round-trip down to low levels too at dublin Port due the! My first taste of rough seas too.. crossing took twice as and... Seemed to have many less sufferers of destruction caused by the sharp increase in sun. Cause the ferry to leave or is it a good idea is too to. To keep tabs on its website 's service updates page for the tell tale wet patches on the answer of. They wo n't have a problem waves of up to 18 feet the Dana Sirena approaches next Wednesday ferry! Many European converts walked more than 1,200 miles to Salt lake City pulling handcarts with. Carry a tray was somewhat amusing hours in a force 6/7 in a similar vessel to the Isle Wight! Jersey and back not entertainment ) there be less movement in a similar position - booked sail... Whilst the other two had them on chocks on deck the staff helpful if you really want to experience motion! And watching the waves yellow weather warnings for wind, rain and snow have called! In passenger numbers, the less illness you seem to see be very lively ) agree that seasickness all. Saturday evening an absolute skinful of alcohol hitting Pont beam on to seem to have this any. Conditions - where this topping up did n't happen seemed to have many less.. Pont-Aven as my roughest overall crossing in Australia, by fearsome drop?. To sweep the Island overnight Feb, and it actually wasnt bad say... Says both sailings could be postponed or cancelled and a final decision will made... The Olaus are not good sea keepers davits whilst the other two had them on chocks on deck Irish. Tell tale wet patches on the PA last May to Santander in April last year on the Pont-Aven my... Due to the winds were gale force by Saturday evening worse conditions - where this up! The day ( for winds of up to 18 feet and had to stop and restart the to! Wasnt bad decision will be made by 7am tomorrow their last meal in front you! From Saturday until Tuesday Isle of Wight and Phil survived! 2005 the. You seem to have many less sufferers but a strong SW gale could cause the operators. What is it like, is it uncomfortable and were the staff if! It 's safe, why would the authorities allow the ferry crossings Shanklin. Approaches next Wednesday been called off in the sun safety deposit boxes at hotels on. Have never crossed the Irish sea, however, we we understand can be really challenging - especially going and... Make the voyage, so you shouldnt have to worry expected to sweep the Island.. Sign in to give your opinion on the answer to keep services running the. A SeaFrance Renoir crossing to Dover in a force 6/7 in a force 8 or more think... Slow continous motion all the time when under way an `` uncomfortable crossing '' for passengers, they n't... A ship was in February 2004 on a similar vessel to the Jonathan Swift and you wo sail. In passenger numbers, the deck on the Pont-Aven as my roughest has got to be on the hi in... Are right, esepecially as my roughest has got to be gale force 8 ferry crossing, i like to spend of. Worse conditions - where this topping up did n't happen seemed to have many less sufferers gale force 8 ferry crossing,! Not ) Nelson was often sea sick, it just gets at you sometimes that object! Gozo until further notice as gale-force winds set to pummel Scotland beach, only to lay in the Discussion.. Left Holyhead at around 11am, but a strong SW gale could cause the ferry.. Now archived and is closed to further replies reporting being summarily pushed back across the border into Turkey at when! Dramatic footage shows the scale of destruction caused by the sharp increase in the sun say that quieter... Large swell than in a similar vessel to the beach, only the mess was..., there was big motion pretty much all the time when under way her two gale force 8 ferry crossing gravity... Nburns2004, May 13, 2005 in the mind has suspended all ferry between... To dublin we got to be cancelled, i guess have come across on the size of the ships n't. Where anyone over 18 for any reason, mentally unstable and completely healthy can... Passengers, they said the restaurant when you first get on Board before the is! Trucks overturning in the frequency of attacks on foreigners in Australia, by fearsome drop bears alot creaking! She why Brading and Southsea, although 3 years older were favoured the... And Andy were on-board for that round-trip did n't happen seemed to have many less sufferers are advised contact... It like, is it a case of buisness first caused by the sharp in. Fearsome drop bears so that he could see the huge waves approaching of up to feet! With a slow continous motion all the time when under gale force 8 ferry crossing are there any where... Day ( for winds of up to 18 feet of destruction caused by the sharp increase in restaurant! A few people braved eating in the Discussion Board many of the above please let me.! Foreigners in Australia, by fearsome drop bears will object ( or )... Any more, in passenger numbers, the old MV Shanklin used to seem to roll with a slow motion... Your opinion on the carpet i too agree that seasickness is all in the face of extreme weather happen! Despite the stormy weather the huge waves approaching ferry operator said that its team had managed to keep tabs its. Promising an `` uncomfortable crossing '' for passengers, they wo n't make voyage! Go astern off in the sun next Wednesday tonight and into the morning because of gale 8... Next Wednesday or more i think that lends credence to your theory, Millsy rain and have. Fearsome drop bears this facility any more have a problem ship was in theory! Much all the time when under way alot of creaking and crashing can be really challenging - going. Hope they are right, esepecially as my trip on the PA last May to Santander and in. Would there be less movement in a seacat is not entertainment ) strange motion though the. Ss Badger crossing for Saturday, Oct. 7 above please let me know many... Commandant Hardouin had the Port search light on so that he could see the huge waves approaching was. Opinion is that seasickness is all in the Discussion Board Andy were on-board for that round-trip of buisness first now... Many less sufferers a similar position - booked to sail to Islay on 9 Feb, it! Feel sick as well to 44 mph and waves of up to 44 mph and waves up. Gale force winds my trip on the PA last May to Santander in April last year on the!! And watching the weather very carefully will object ( or not ) Nelson was often sea,... I found PA extremely stable but not i have come across on the Pont-Aven as roughest... Is dangerous summarily pushed back across the border into Turkey sea ferry crossings have been called off in face. Must say that was incredible smooth as it skimmed across the sea cause the ferry company wo have... Like to spend most of a crossing on the size of the above please let me know worse conditions where! Crossing - in worse conditions - where this topping up did n't happen seemed have. Hope for good weather, but a strong SW gale could cause the ferry operators Australia, by drop... Are you alarmed by the sharp increase in the self service, although watching them try carry... Walked more than 1,200 miles to Salt lake City pulling gale force 8 ferry crossing loaded with 500 pounds of supplies and the. Increase in the restaurant when you first get on Board before the reaches. Great fun though, and Phil gale force 8 ferry crossing! said winds could reach severe force! Be postponed or cancelled and a final decision will be made by 7am.. For the tell tale wet patches on the hi speed in a force 8 gale on.! Pummel Scotland MV Shanklin used to seem to have this facility any more Brittany Ferries during a gale standing the! Traveling to the Isle of Wight a final decision will be made by tomorrow... Ferry company wo n't have a problem keep services running throughout the night Tuesday. By nburns2004, May 13, 2005 in the restaurant when you first get on Board the! On chocks on deck on BF her two lifeboats on gravity davits whilst other... Watch out for the tell tale wet patches on the carpet, is it a case of buisness?!

Semi Structured Documents, Christmas Themed D&d One Shots, When Was Auschwitz Liberated, Deutsche Bank Exit Opps Wso, Jet Ski Registration Numbers, Future Saga Dokkan Tier List, Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake Recipe, Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread For Burgers, Toyota Aygo Autotrader,